Precision Castparts - Used to be a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Precision Castparts

"Used to be a good place to work"

Current Employee - Welder in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Welder in Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is fair , sorry I can't come up with anything else to make the 20 words minimum for this area.

Cons

Management treats the hourly people like dogs with no regards for there home life or there health and safety , or at least until someone gets hurt. The hourly people get blamed for anything that goes wrong even when management caused the problem . We are late for shipments do to bad planing on there part and we are blamed. They are only interested in the bottom line . Our management has no clue what our jobs consist of or do they care, all they know is what is on the chart they got this morning, that is always a day behind. I gave 1 star because they didn't offer a zero

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to get some, because we sure don't have any now, and haven't had any for a good 10 to 15 years.
Start hiring from the floor , and stop bringing in these kids with no experience and putting them in charge of things they don't know the first thing about

Other Employee Reviews for Precision Castparts

""A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." -Henry Ford."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having employment is the only pro.

Cons

The management is entirely rogue. Individuals are seriously under-trained and through sheer lack of experience, have entirely shifted the culture of this company over the edge into oblivion. The antiquated equipment and safety hazards are serious and are NEVER addressed without a worker having to be injured first! Excessive overtime (30 days or more straight) along with extreme micromanagement has separated "ethic" and "work" from this company and have replaced it with a model reminiscent of the 20's. This completely effects all PCC workers and their ability to perform and feel a sense of pride in their job, obviously to the detriment of current and future PCC customers and the aerospace industry as a whole.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch... Or be unionized! Workers will united to protect themselves.

"A disrespectful company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation for work is on the high end for the market. There is potential to get on the job training in the field for later career choices.

Cons

Respect for employees is at best deplorable. Intense micro-management and constant policy changes. Long hours and schedule changes with little to no notice are the norm. Punishments for mistakes are heavy handed. Short term gains are favored over long term results that provide higher returns. No attention is given to maintaining equipment in a preventative manor, rather to spend enormous capitol to replace or fix problems after they are affecting process. Safety is a joke. Human resources treats employees like a resource rather than human beings. Work enviornement creates distrust for the person next to you via punative policies enforced by human resources.

Advice to Management

A persons life work and job knowledge were understood to be the most valuable assets the company had, and this needs to be retrained into management from the CEO all the way to the bottom. Focus on employee relationships to rebuild trust and retain an experianced workforce. Stop treating people like an employee number, human beings deserve more than that.