Precision Castparts - Great company to get a foot in the door. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Precision Castparts

"Great company to get a foot in the door."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

I worked at Precision Castparts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed 99% of the people I worked with on a daily basis. The work was interesting, but became repetitive after a while. Communication in my actual department was better than average.

Cons

Pay grade for a salary position in my field was lower than the national average. The pay increases over time are very minimal, and it's sad to see the people who have worked there for 20+ years settling for so little. Company wide communication was very poor.

Advice to Management

Instead of upgrading the signs or parking lots, the equipment throughout the facility should be upgraded vastly to perform more efficiently. With all the standards we had to meet for customers, it was surprising to know how poorly the equipment was maintained. A lot of bandages were used for temporary fixes when things should have been fixed permanently... however in most cases this meant there would be a temporary shutdown to that department, which meant no production. But in the long run, the quality of the material and the average down time probably would have shown better after a temporary shutdown and major upgrade.

Other Employee Reviews for Precision Castparts

"Great to be a stockholder, awful to be an employee"

Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competent engineers and decent benefits

Cons

Poor management and low morale. Management only values results, there is no room for error and there will be no support structure to catch you when (and I mean when) you fail.

Advice to Management

Eventually you cannot beat any more money out of an employee.

"Last 5-7 years absolutely terrible relations"

Current Employee - Rework Welder in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Rework Welder in Portland, OR

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

relatively easy jobs, employees easy to get along with, very diverse population.

Cons

Precision Castparts is a fortune 500 company and operates like one. Management is only after the bottom line. They treat employees like they are disposable. they change policy on a whim without any consideration of the reprocussions. The list can go on forever.

Advice to Management

Do not treat the floor like a sweat shop. Have compassion for your resources on the floor. Most of the jobs require years of experience, then to just throw it all away is sad.