Precision Castparts - Great experience with the right attitude | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Precision Castparts

"Great experience with the right attitude"

Current Employee - FDP
Current Employee - FDP

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flat organization with constant upper management interactions / opportunities. Compensation is also strong.

Cons

Its lean manufacturing, so there aren't a lot of perks and it requires a tough mental attitude.

Advice to Management

Work on some brand recognition to acquire folks with higher talent levels.

Other Employee Reviews for Precision Castparts

"Madhouse"

Former Employee - Office Worker in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Auburn, WA

I worked at Precision Castparts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, decent wage and benefits..

Cons

High turnover. Too much work for too few people in the office. Poor training, but high expectations.

Advice to Management

You need to expand your office support while acquiring new companies. People are so overworked that quality of support could suffer. The staff is being overwhelmed and many can't keep up. More time should be spent on training, not just replacing people.

"Worst Experience Ever"

Current Employee - Buyer in Paramount, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Paramount, CA

I have been working at Precision Castparts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My department had some great people

Cons

The benefits are terrible here. Their healthcare options are expensive but not good. The 401k match is a joke (a % on a % of your salary. Comes to about a 1% match). There's no maternity leave (didn't affect me, but shows a lack of respect).
    From what I've seen, the company culture from CEO down is all short-term goal driven. If we don't meet our targets everyday, we get yelled at (I mean literally yelled at). When I have repeatedly explained to management that short term goals could be met only by negatively impacting a future result, the answer was "Do it. We won't be here to worry about that bad result if we don't make our numbers now." I cannot abide making small, short-term gains at the expense of huge long-term losses.
    Management (at my location and the Sr management that has visited) has absolutely no respect for their employees. I've seen screaming and swearing on an almost daily basis (in an office environment!). On top of that, there is a built in level of misogyny. One manager in particular demonstrates egregious sexist behavior daily.
    Note that most of the positive reviews of this company are from Leadership Development Program participants. These people see a more protected side of the company and are frequently encouraged to write positive reviews to boost the company's image.

Advice to Management

Respect your people. If the bottom line is #1, then you should work hard to retain your good employees. Anyone who is good at what they do here is looking for another job. Replacing people is far more costly than offering good benefits and developing a positive culture.
    When you are lucky enough to get a well-educated, experienced, driven and intelligent employee instead of wearing them down until they burn out and quit you should reward them, respect them and do everything in your power to keep them happy.
    Turnover in just my department in one year was 120%.