Preferred Systems Solutions - PSS is a good place to work if you work for a competent member of Senior Management. I did not. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Preferred Systems Solutions

"PSS is a good place to work if you work for a competent member of Senior Management. I did not."

Former Employee - Director of Proposals in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Director of Proposals in McLean, VA

Pros

Some of the nicest and most competent people in the Federal contracting industry work at PSS. Nice offices. Overall, it is a better-than-average Federal contractor.

Cons

There was a real weakness in Senior Management, which I heard they corrected. I hope that is true. Also, because of personal friendships with Senior Management, certain people were allowed to literally run amok and threaten other employees. Again, I heard that this problem was fixed.

Advice to Management

CEO leadership was amazing. Next level down was a mixed bag. I heard that there were some changes made at that level, which can only be a good thing. There was bad communication and intolerance, and people were put into uncomfortable positions where they had to defend themselves because they were mischaracterized by others. It was a very uncomfortable place to be.

Other Employee Reviews for Preferred Systems Solutions

"Just another government contractor"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fairview Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fairview Heights, IL

Pros

Competitive and comparative benefits package
    salaries are normal government contract salaries based on contract award

Cons

Senior Leadership hungry for more work at any expense of employees
    Poor customer base

Advice to Management

Develop a business strategy and better support your employees

"Great Place to Work if you are on the Government Side, but not of Consulting Side"

Former Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

Great people and good environment to work. I had some of the best co workers that I ever had while working there.

Cons

Management needs to communicate better with there employees. Contracts and Accounting need to turn their work around quicker.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees your vision of the company. Don't just let them find out by their other coworkers.