Premier Research - Can be great on any given day, then unstable the next | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Premier Research

"Can be great on any given day, then unstable the next"

Pros

Great co-workers within my department. Great benefits and paid time off. With my position I am able to work from home.

Cons

Being a CRO we have been through several RIFs (reduction in force). I have managed to make the cut so far, but not sure what lies ahead in the future.

Advice to Management

Fight for your workers and for their compensation. Its not hard to find out there on the internet or word of mouth that our salaries are not very competitive. Could be the reason a lot of people are looking elsewhere. The workload is currently too much to bear with our barebones workers, most of which are brand new and still in training. Putting a strain on the veterans who are quite possibly looking for a less stressful alternative.

Other Employee Reviews for Premier Research

1. "Just an OK place"

Pros

The ability to take time off and the work/home balance is pretty good. Co-workers make things better. Good teamwork at the local level.

Cons

Upward mobility and encouragement from upper management is not good. They have been shaped into a "lean" company which make those that care about their jobs feel taken advantage of. Many times feel like "just a number". Company does not re-invest in it's employees.

Advice to Management

Work harder to reward good employees. Many have been there for a long time and truly care. Show that you recognize that. Let people grow within the company. It isn't all about financial reward but matching employee's 401k's and merit increases are noticed if not there. Communicate about the state of the company- we don't know who you are and you don't know us.

"Not a company that wants to invest in its employees."

Pros

PTO plan and insurance were good.

Cons

Hard to learn new areas and move around laterally. Most tasks were very cumbersome and not as efficient as how other companies perform them. Experience and expertise not valued over the bottom line. The company will spend months trying to find the perfect candidate when someone in-house could have been trained in half the time to transfer into a new position.

Advice to Management

Reward talent and invest in your employees to help them gain new skills.