Premium Retail Services - Good pay, but may not be worth the hassle ! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Premium Retail Services

"Good pay, but may not be worth the hassle !"

Current Employee - Demo Events in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Demo Events in Houston, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Own schedule. No one over your head physically. Decent pay when there are hours. Interactive with customers. Get to temporary own retail product. Lazy management allows for more freedom . Ok to have as wknd job, not career. Don't be fooled, its not stable. Easy to get hired. Easy to use online scheduler system.

Cons

They randomly pick locations with no regards to your address! I would pass places closer to my home to get to a farther one. Retail management could care less about vendors and quite rude .too much printing, no pay. Pay card sucks. Pay stub is not explained and emails about pay roll issues take weeks. Not sure about who is responsible for returning items but I'll be damned if I have to pay for shipping. The last minute mandatory mtgs have no regards to the fact that you have a life.

Advice to Management

Lesson the emails, its annoying. Sending broken sentences 24/7 as if reps are on call without in-call pay is unacceptable. Pay is decent but everything on the job should be paid for including paper, ink, etc. Also, retail managers need to be more aware of the importance of your reps instead of treating them like criminals when they are there to only boost their margin profit!

Other Employee Reviews for Premium Retail Services

"Will do anything to not pay you"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Orange, CA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

They hire people over the phone with no interview process. They send you to a job with no direction. They have a complicated time-sheet process online and then they tell you it's wrong and try to delay paying you. You have to go to your state's labor board just to get paid. I've never even met my manager that hired me. When I texted her about my problem with payroll (because she didn't answer my emails or phone calls) she replied, "Who is this?" After I told her who I was, she never replied.

This company is a horrible joke. You do not want to work for them.

Advice to Management

Make your field managers actually meet the people they hire. The managers should also go to the jobs. The last job I did was with a crew of 5 that were all new to the company. Fix your stupid time sheet process and don't delay paychecks. It's no wonder every employee is new. You treat them horribly.

"No responses. Can't get paid."

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's Easy to get hired.

Cons

Getting paid by these folks takes complaints to the state labor board. You can't get them to say how you are getting paid. They take 11-14 days to pay you, then pay on a debit card which takes an additional 72 hours to transfer the money to your bank. Nice interest on our money! Emails and phone calls get no response. You have to submit your hours that day. Then you go online to affirm you worked those hours, but they are wrong or don't appear on line. You can't reach anyone to get information. Errors are commonplace. They blame you for their errors.

It takes 30 days just to get your pay card, so you won't get paid for a month. Then it takes longer to get your money for your first job. They pay in weird time periods that don't match "weeks," so it's nearly impossible to check for overtime and verify if they adhere to overtime laws. That's especially true as they won't give pay stubs or even provide access to payroll records so you can check.

As with any agency, they charge more than they pay, which is how they make their profit. But two weeks for you to get paid for your work means they get interest on the thousands of employees, while those employees (typically minimum wage) can't get paid.

Oh, the debit card that they pay you has a charge for almost every transaction. Unless you have a sheet and are tracking your balance, which bank, which atm, which merchant and how they ring up your transaction, you can end up with all sorts of fees getting access to your pay. Just one more way to get them money. They save by not mailing a paycheck and the debit card company makes tons of money by minimum wage people trying to pay for groceries who don't know how much money is coming in when. Yeah, they have time to constantly check if the two week delay has given them their pittance and how much was taken out as they get no notification as to when it might have been deposited and what fees are being taken out. Geez, what a great business model. You get to make money on your own employees!

Advice to Management

Ethics? Morals?