Preqin - Enjoyable but work can be repetitive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Preqin

"Enjoyable but work can be repetitive"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Research Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Preqin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good working hours (for City)
- Friendly teams
- Reasonable targets and schedules
- Deadlines are easy to meet
- Young professionals often recent graduates

Cons

- Research work can be very repetitive
- Not a great deal of promotions or pay rises
- Not very innovative or focused on creativity
- High turnover rate compared to average in the industry
- Pay level is low for industry and compared to the average in the City of London

Advice to Management

- Let employees share more new ideas and suggestions
- Make more and better company team building days and socials
- Engage in deeper numerical analysis such as modelling and time series data

Other Employee Reviews for Preqin

"3 stars and falling"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Preqin full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, opportunity to meet and work with top professionals across a variety of alternative investment firms and investment banks globally. The brand is very strong, and there are some good people here. Excellent benefits (401k, health/vision/dental), support for self study, lots of options to travel if interested in that. Casual, beer, and summer fridays in NYC office and I believe SF also.

Cons

This would have been 4 or 5 stars easily before 2016. I never thought I'd write a review, but now that I am gone I feel it is necessary, if anything to let new sales people or prospects understand this wasn't always a bizarre team. In 2016 our new Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) implemented an entirely new sales structure/compensation scheme. Morale abruptly dropped across the company, notably the most on the sales team. You never saw any turnover, and now everyone has left or is running for the hills. I have never seen anything happen so fast, where a company where people really cared, and were loyal and happy to come into work turned into a miserable place to be. On top of cutting pay and making unnecessary and irrelevant team targets, the new CRO does not seem to understand our products, business, different clients. The lack of understanding or attempting to listen to others is appalling and immature, and set a horrible example across the global sales team. We weren't able to replace all the people we have lost because of the new awful Glassdoor reviews, the awful pay, and team structure. Beginning of the year sales management patted themselves on the back for growing revenues despite lack of actual new clients brought on (prices were increased substantially in 2016, you did nothing actually!) This goes to show how out of touch this individual is, glad I got out when I did!

Advice to Management

Look at turnover numbers the last few years. What is the one event where things took a turn for the worst? Hint: its a hiring. I heard 3 team leaders have left since I have, within weeks of each other. This is not a coincidence!

Absolutely the worst timing for these changes to happen, as other competitors have now taken advantage of the complete disaster occurring internally. Sales "management" does not care about anyone, want to learn, or really seem to want sales to do well or be motivated, so the people still here (if not already checked out) are acting by his example. There are so many issues it is almost laughable at this point, as nearly everyone feels completely marginalized by this person. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but warning those looking into sales here that you can probably find something else that isn't a complete mess.

"Scary Outlook"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Preqin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Previn offers a great work life balance. The firm is made up of all young professionals. Plenty of vacation time.

Cons

The new sales structure which was implemented in 2016 is horrible. Targets are set extremely high and all of the good accounts are already taken leaving a very small window for opportunity. Instead of sales, the new CRO has turned the firm into a call center where he values the amount of CRM communications rather than actual revenue. Salaries and commission payout is well below market value leaving a negative moral throughout the entire office. Should you have any questions during your day to day activity whether it be an issue with an account or IT, it will take weeks for you to receive an answer or solution. There are several new invoice systems and sales op teams that have been in place for a year now and they have yet to figure out how to make any process smooth / efficient. Lastly, Preqin operates on a team commission structure - if someone on your team is not producing, it can drastically reduce your overall pay regardless if your having an amazing month. No recognition for top performers!!!!

Advice to Management

Collaborate more efficiently with your employees.
    Preqin is the leading data provider tracking the alternative asset space but if something is not done about the new CRO, the business is going to go down the tubes FAST