PresenceLearning - Founders' egos will be the death of a great idea | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PresenceLearning

"Founders' egos will be the death of a great idea"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing service that many children need. Good feedback system for the SLPs allowing them to manage their time and work remotely.

Cons

Typical startup with founders who only care about their vision. If you are not from Stanford, don't apply. They are heavily biased. No one except a chosen few are allowed to have input or authority, even over their own departments.

Advice to Management

Step aside, take Board of Director roles and let experienced executives take your vision to market. Or, sell to a large competitor and incubate another idea.

PresenceLearning Response

Oct 27, 2014 – HR Manager

First of all, thank you for the compliments about our service quality and the SPEDinsight system. Thank you also for observing that we are focused on our vision. We definitely believe in what we... More

Other Employee Reviews for PresenceLearning

"Do not be deceived"

Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist
    Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist

I worked at PresenceLearning as a contractor

Pros

flexible schedule, top notch therapists

Cons

Pay is among the worst around for therapists
    Leadership lost sight of the mission with only dollar signs in their eyes, and made several poor decisions resulting in decreased standard of care
    You are treated as an employee but paid as a contractor - this is illegal
    Management is very cliquish and secretive
    Therapists are promised work when there is none to be had
    Tow the line or be removed

Advice to Management

Any time you have to continually tell people about your awards and the quality of your work, that is a sure sign something is off. The quality of your services should speak for itself. Time to recognize that the "leaders" are just businessmen exploiting their "expertise" to make a buck. I left of my own free will, so don't write me off as some bitter ex employee. Something is seriously wrong with this place, and those who stand up for what is right are removed from service. BEWARE

"Great experience working at PL"

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate working with students one-on-one or in groups of two. I love being able to maintain the attention of my students well with the use of head-sets, amplified volume, computer screen, and a variety of engaging and didactic activities to improve their speech and language skills. On a personal bases, I love being able to live outside the country while providing services to schools in the states.

Cons

Working as independent contractor means you have to set aside money on a quarterly bases for federal and state taxes, and keep all of your tax deductible receipts.