PresenceLearning - Founders' egos will be the death of a great idea | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PresenceLearning

"Founders' egos will be the death of a great idea"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing service that many children need. Good feedback system for the SLPs allowing them to manage their time and work remotely.

Cons

Typical startup with founders who only care about their vision. If you are not from Stanford, don't apply. They are heavily biased. No one except a chosen few are allowed to have input or authority, even over their own departments.

Advice to Management

Step aside, take Board of Director roles and let experienced executives take your vision to market. Or, sell to a large competitor and incubate another idea.

PresenceLearning Response

Oct 27, 2014 – HR Manager

First of all, thank you for the compliments about our service quality and the SPEDinsight system. Thank you also for observing that we are focused on our vision. We definitely believe in what we ... More

Other Employee Reviews for PresenceLearning

"Great experience working at PL"

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate working with students one-on-one or in groups of two. I love being able to maintain the attention of my students well with the use of head-sets, amplified volume, computer screen, and a variety of engaging and didactic activities to improve their speech and language skills. On a personal bases, I love being able to live outside the country while providing services to schools in the states.

Cons

Working as independent contractor means you have to set aside money on a quarterly bases for federal and state taxes, and keep all of your tax deductible receipts.

2. "A Proud PresenceLearning Employee"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the many benefits of working for PL include: 1) The mission is REAL. Most companies have a positive mission, but PL's mission to help kids is not just a "feel good" statement it's actually achievable and what we strive to do. 2) The people are awesome! Everyone wants what's best for the kids we serve, the company as a whole, and one another. 3) Being able to WFH- Enough said... 4) Visits to Headquarters (San Fransisco), company meeting in Las Vegas, "Holiday" paid time off, exciting incentives...

Cons

Extremely face-paced! Only 4 days of training at HQ, and was expected to know my job / perform well.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat remote, WFH employees the same as you do those at HQ.