Presidio Trust - Great Mission, challenging job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Presidio Trust

"Great Mission, challenging job"

I have been working at Presidio Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can't beat working in a National Park. The mission is great and the projects are interesting

Cons

It is the Federal Government

Other Employee Reviews for Presidio Trust

"Stewards of a National Park"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Presidio Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Presidio is still a wonderful park to enjoy historical and natural beauty. The work that the Presidio Trust has done and continues to do is impressive and the efforts to renovate and maintain hundreds of buildings in addition to restoring many acres of landscape are extremely noteworthy.

Cons

Maybe not surprising for a Federal organization, the Presidio Trust values its bottom line over its employees. The loss of Federal funding was long awaited and expected, but rather than plan for the inevitable and keep good working people doing good things, 30% of the staff was reduced and there are continued steps towards downsizing and outsourcing. The Presidio ship took and turn and sent it's employees overboard.

Advice to Management

The damage is done. The Presidio has lost some great working people that won't ever return. Those that remain are overworked and frustrated. I suspect it was worth it to the bottom line and the future of the park, but you may find it challenging to find talented people in the future given this record.

2. "Presidio Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Presidio Trust as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that works here is super nice! I'll be walking around the park in my presidio gear and other employees I've never seem before smile and wave at me. The park is BEAUTIFUL. You will never find a more beautiful place to work. You get all major holidays off and paid for it. Oh and living is free for interns!!

Cons

It's hard to get a job with the trust after being an intern. Especially when the government goes on a hiring freeze.