Press Ganey - Perpetual downward spiral | Glassdoor

"Perpetual downward spiral"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are pockets of excellence hidden within the company. Find one, put your head down and do your job, and this place can be tolerable.

Cons

Seemingly never-ending string of exceptionally poor executives, poor decision making, zero accountability for poor performance at any level in the company. No direction, no vision from upper management. Spending money on wasteful things like it's going out of style.

Extremely hostile work environment, very very political. Ideas are evaluated and promoted not based upon their merit, but upon who proposed them and to whom that person is connected.

Advice to Management

Go run someone else's company into the ground and give this once respectable organization a fighting chance.

Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey

"Mismanage it and they will leave..."

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for a couple years at PG with the best and most productive team of software developers I have ever had the pleasure of working with in my 20+ year career, but they have all left PG in the last 3-6 months. Clearly a few cronies of the new CEO are very happy and are being taken care of 'like family'.

Cons

When people are asked for their input and then are ignored, they tend to leave. When they have little or no control over their work processes, they tend to leave. When they are not given the tools to do the job and are distracted from their work by constant shifts in direction and are then maligned for being poor producers, they tend to leave.

We had teams that delivered great product on time, every time for several years before this executive team came in. Now ALL but a very few have left. About 15 of 20 team members in our office have left by their own choice. 5-10% turnover with new management is normal. 75% turnover is BAD management! (Unless they wanted us to leave...? They could have just asked nicely.)

Advice to Management

Come up with a VERY good 'story' for the board and investors! It will be extremely dificult to deliver on promises when your best people are leaving, so your best hope is probably a good snow job. Start treating your employees with respect and understand that they probably know how to do their jobs better than you do, so trust them.

2. "Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond."

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.