Press Ganey - Very satisfied with my experience at PG | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey

"Very satisfied with my experience at PG"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.

Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey

"Was a great company to work for"

Pros

Still has some great people doing some good things.

Cons

Very little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Advice to Management

Don't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.

"Run into the ground"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Advice to Management

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.