Press Ganey - Run into the ground | Glassdoor

"Run into the ground"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Advice to Management

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey

"The Iron Triangle"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Advice to Management

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

"Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly enjoy working here. Everyone I interact with is friendly, helpful and supportive. I have found the communication coming directly from the CEO very refreshing and you don't find that in many companies. He has clearly communicated the goals of the company and that the success of the company is due to the efforts of every single employee. Within my role, my manager gives positive feedback and lets you know when a job is well done. People need to embrace change, put trust in the leadership team and give 100% every day. I believe 2013 will be a breakout year for Press Ganey.

Cons

While it would be nice to all be in one location and know our co-workers better, videoconferencing and communicator help out a bit.

Advice to Management

Keep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.