Press Ganey - Unappreciated | Glassdoor

"Unappreciated"

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful; lower-level employees really know what teamwork means...

Cons

Senior leadership seems so removed from those employees at the bottom.

Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey

"too bad the PR doesn't match the reality"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In a difficult job market, any job can be a good thing. There is an attempt to be competitive on pay and benefits. Experience here can help you move on to your next position while PG still has a good reputation in the industry.

Cons

Bloated and ineffective senior management and too few people to do work. We have more "C" level execs than I have ever seen in a company this size. If you have not worked with the current CEO at his prior positions, you are not going to be taken seriously no matter your experience or abilities. New initiatives are poorly planned and executed, and we expend huge efforts trying to make these initiatives work after initial failures. If you are reading positive reviews of this company, you are reading scripted responses from CEO's new team who seem concerned about perception than reality.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing high paid friends and cronies on board while telling departments with severe staff shortages to "make do". Whether or not you hear comments about this - employees see and recognize this is happening.

A poorly executed good idea doesn't differ much from a bad idea in practice. Execution of plans is as important as anything else - stop developing and trying to implement new initiatives until you can figure out how to execute better.

"Very satisfied with my experience at PG"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.