Press Ganey - A Hot Mess | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"A Hot Mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey

1. "Really Good Team"

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

Cons

There's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

Advice to Management

I think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.

"Lot's of work to come but a bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.