Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

4 years employed

May 7, 2021 - Team Leader in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

room for growth, the possibility of weekly bonus, good hourly pay

Cons

I've worked in several stores and unfortunately, the rules are not the same under every manager, there is clear favoritism, people are overworked and taken advantage of.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Feb 8, 2021 - Shift Leader in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money Free food Nice people

Cons

Unfairness Takes time to grow

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A lot of responsibility for not enough money

May 25, 2021 - Leader in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I left my short lived career as to start a new chapter in life. The ideology of pret is tempting, your promised mystery shopper bonus free food, flexible hours, opportunity to grow within an expanding company.

Cons

Unfortunately for me its more like being in high school. The toxic work environment, favoritism, poorly structured and stressful work environment. Managers are always running around loosing their minds. People not caring wether they get their jobs done. Everyone who works here seems to only focus on getting their bonuses maxed even if it means working themselves into an early grave. Huge turn over, from the time I started to when I left almost ever manager quit. One store went through three managers from the time I started with them. I was asked to cover shifts more times than I can count. All while having a better position dangled over my head like a carrot and essentially doing the work of that position while not being paid the wage until my three months of training was completed and my online test were completed in order to receive the pay raise for the position I was already doing.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.