Priceline.com - Learn from the best and make your mark | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Priceline.com

"Learn from the best and make your mark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Priceline has been a fantastic place for me to learn and grow over the past 10+ years. My colleagues are intelligent and passionate about our business. I have learned much from my peers and continue to do so every day. Employees who deliver successful results are rewarded and the company prefers to promote from within. Over the past 18 months, senior management has led a positive cultural change to redefine the direction of the company, including our values, work environment and increase employee engagement.

Cons

In the past, the company's focus on cost control made us successful, however investment in employee development was not a top priority. This has changed recently and Sr. Mgmt. is now supporting training initiatives and is also supporting hiring additional talent where needed.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting training opportunities for staff and widen the amount of training offered.

Other Employee Reviews for Priceline.com

"Low pay and poor management, low morale and unhappy environment."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Priceline participate in a lot of charity events which is great. The work life balance is very good, you can work from home at times. This is the place where you want to start your career but definitely not end it there. get some experience and run for the hill when your ready.

Cons

Outdated technology, they seem to like to build their own tool when there's already better open source applications out there. Management is just terrible. Some manager are very disrespectful and HR does nothing so don't expect support. No reward for hard work, random firing although that's pretty new. If your in IT, be aware of this place. I would never recommend anyone to work here.

Advice to Management

Consider replacing some of your manager, being at a job too long may cloud someone judgment and how to work with others. The simple fact that there are so many openings should give you a reason to worry ( as of 4/14/2013).

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, friendly people, most of whom are trying to do the right thing.

Cons

Lack of communication. Power of ever growing 'conversion' team - most of whom don't know the travel industry and have little guidance. Unrealistic views about headcount required in other departments.

Advice to Management

Do another employee satisfaction survey.