Primary Design - Unsatisfying and boring | Glassdoor

"Unsatisfying and boring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverhill, MA

Pros

Peers are nice, but management is condesending.

Cons

No leadership from the top. Management is too untrusting off staff to allow growth of company.

Other Employee Reviews for Primary Design

1. "Excellent Place to work! Happy to come to work everyday!"

I have been working at Primary Design full-time

Pros

PDI is an a great place to come to work. The newly renovated office space makes for an excellent work environment and the new management is working hard to continually grow the business. Creativity is encouraged and hard work is recognized.

Cons

Not a large variety of clients, mostly real estate however new leadership is working hard to branch out and is constantly working to improve our new business approach.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve the new business approach - the new collateral designs and strategies that have recently been employed are going to be great tools. Overall, I work with happy coworkers so you're doing something right. Keep up the great work!!

2. "So far, so good!"

I have been working at Primary Design full-time

Pros

In my short time here, I have been promoted and have seen a lot of opportunities for growth, not just in my position but for the company too. When I joined Primary, it had just gone under a new owner, so I think that has a lot to do with the recent changes and the exploration for new clientele. I like the people in my department and enjoy that we have monthly work-from-home days and flex hours. I learned a lot and they’ve been supportive when I’ve wanted to experiment with new ideas/strategies. I’m the type that enjoys being busy, and I have never felt bored in this position.

Cons

With the switch of ownership, the company at this moment is still in development and is a slow but progressive forward movement. We also need more hands on deck, but I think every company wishes they could have more help than less. It seems like they plan to hire more people in the near future, but in the meantime, we’ve got to wear a lot of hats.

Advice to Management

I feel like we need to establish a more collaborative work environment that will both support and challenge the creativity of the employees. Perhaps monthly meetings that invite everyone to share new ideas or projects that they are currently working on and open for commentary.