Primerica - learing experience for the business oriented | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

"learing experience for the business oriented"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boynton Beach, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boynton Beach, FL

Pros

I was intrigued by Primerica because, having worked in banking and currently working in the brokerage industry, I understood that they were offering a valuable service to their clients. Primerica is a divison of CITI, one of the largest banks in the world. Citi offers just about every financial product under the sun and they use Primerica as a sales force of their many products.

Cons

They are still a multi-level marketing firm. The problem I find with many MLM’s is that many of them coerce and pressure people to join – personally, nothing turns me off quicker than when I feel like I am being pressured into something. I did not sign up with them so I don’t have a full understanding of how they get paid. My rep said something about there being four ways, but seemed to intentionally keep it vague. From what other Primerica reps have said, most money is made from recruiting people rather than selling products – and it is difficult to make much money if you don’t recruit a bunch of people.

Advice to Management

What I think is brilliant with Primerica is that their goal is to help their customers use their existing income and shift things around freeing up extra cash to fund retirement and other savings goals. In the example they showed (I am not sure if it was the average American’s financial situation) they refinanced the customers mortgage and switched them from a cash value life insurance policy to a term policy freeing up $500 a month. They then take this $500 and show them how to make good use of it by investing in mutual funds for retirement, saving for college, etc…

Other Employee Reviews for Primerica

"Negative comments concerning Primerica"

Current Employee - District Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Lubbock, TX

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and follow the advice of those who have succeeded, you will be sucessful. You can establish a business for $99, get your credentials paid for, and have a complete support system.

As to the comment on here that "Primerica is the worst", this seems to come fomr a group of people who feel entitled to have a 6-figure income, a corner office, 8 weeks of vacation and an expense reqirement just for showing up. Young people have forgotten that you get those things by working not only hard but smart. There are no instant results. Go earn it.

Cons

A little too careful in implementing things.

Advice to Management

Get the Primerica name out more. Show the great things the company can do for families.

"just the worst"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lockport, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lockport, IL

Pros

start up costs are not bad compared to other insurance sales companies, they pay for the class and test if you score well on the practice. cost me about 130 to get my license. the commission is high ut you have to have the resources.

Cons

they exploit poor and stupid people. of the 30 people in my class maybe 2 passed the practice which was a joke for anyone whos been to college. *no one wants to buy life insurance from someone who works at McDonalds by day. 95% of the people that step into the office will fail in the first 6 months

Advice to Management

they need to find better reps not just take anyone in. also they seem like they are managing too many people at once so they are not very personal.