Primerica - Wonderful company to work for, not the company to work for if you have a job mentality | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

"Wonderful company to work for, not the company to work for if you have a job mentality"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY
Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It provide you the opportunity to learn about very useful financial information, it's like a mini mall you can actually build a company inside a company. OUTSTANDING INCOME, great training and coaching, possibility of growing, it allows you to work with people you know, no cold calling. It provide services that actually help families. I am actually returning soon. I can do business while working my job which is awesome for a second income if you are good with people you should take this company serious. Contact me in a few months :)

Cons

It's commission based, it's sales, some agents may actually call your resume making you believe that you are going for the position you are actually looking for. THAT IS NOT PRIMERICA that's the agent doing bad business PRIMERICA is not about cold calling people watch out for those agents. They are lazy and a bad look to the company.

Advice to Management

Can you please penalize the cold callers? I was a part time agent and was looking for a job while trying to grow the business and I actually received a call from an agent from my office. This person was so lazy that didn't even take time to do the business right, called my resume that actually had a picture of me. That type of agent have the wrong personality, they can't even remember the faces in the building which it sucks for the company to have this kind of people

Other Employee Reviews for Primerica

"Very good company culture, everyone is helpful and wants success for themselves and others in the company."

Current Contractor - Client Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Client Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible, make your own time
    -Great compensation with commissions
    -Good leadership

Cons

-Have to procure own clients
    -Must pay to maintain company profile and web tools
    -Will not make much money until life certified.

Advice to Management

-Place some sort of compensation on training appointments since the new guy is getting the clients references but no money. People looking for a job need money in order to be running around to appointments. There should be some sort of profit sharing between trainee and trainer, whether 50/50 or 60/40...

2. "Great learning experience"

Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal development, leadership, challenging, helping families, strong income potential

Cons

Results vary greatly depending on personal effort as well as from office to office.