Primerica - Amazing | Glassdoor

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our uplines support you all the way and they will help you with whatever it is that you need help with. but you also need to have the energy to be apart of this company because it is a fast growing business and you do not to feel left behind.

Cons

You need to make your own appointment beginning with family because that's where your business starts

Advice to Management

n/c

Other Employee Reviews for Primerica

"Roller Coaster ride to success and back."

Former Employee - Senior Regional Leader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Regional Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Great earning potential
    Great training
    Great leadership
    Great motivational speakers
    Great for Entry Level Sales
    Great Licensing Program

Cons

Each office is independently owned and you have to really be careful who your RVP is. Its a matter of success or being broke.
    Way over priced products.
    Pump up new products too heavily.
    Save the world mentality with sub-par products gets old.
    New product roll outs usually have very low commission compared to the industry.
    Captive agency doesnt allow you to keep your clients,,,they belong to Primerica. Thats not ownership.

Advice to Management

Stop pumping up products that are neither innovative nor competitive in the Term Life marketplace. Your Term is just normal term and way overpriced. Fix that and agents

"Wonderful company to work for, not the company to work for if you have a job mentality"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It provide you the opportunity to learn about very useful financial information, it's like a mini mall you can actually build a company inside a company. OUTSTANDING INCOME, great training and coaching, possibility of growing, it allows you to work with people you know, no cold calling. It provide services that actually help families. I am actually returning soon. I can do business while working my job which is awesome for a second income if you are good with people you should take this company serious. Contact me in a few months :)

Cons

It's commission based, it's sales, some agents may actually call your resume making you believe that you are going for the position you are actually looking for. THAT IS NOT PRIMERICA that's the agent doing bad business PRIMERICA is not about cold calling people watch out for those agents. They are lazy and a bad look to the company.

Advice to Management

Can you please penalize the cold callers? I was a part time agent and was looking for a job while trying to grow the business and I actually received a call from an agent from my office. This person was so lazy that didn't even take time to do the business right, called my resume that actually had a picture of me. That type of agent have the wrong personality, they can't even remember the faces in the building which it sucks for the company to have this kind of people