Princeton Consultants - Good place to work, especially for physicists and other scientist interested in IT. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Consultants

"Good place to work, especially for physicists and other scientist interested in IT."

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good work/life balance.
Smart people. They hire a lot of PhDs in the sciences.

Cons

Compensation could be better.
Dress code is out-of-touch with the times.
Little visibility / disconnected when working from New York office.

Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Consultants

1. "Great Place to Grow"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Princeton Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started here shortly after college and stayed on a few years longer than expected. The company expanded and contracted (both in moderation) over time, and it was during periods of significant change that I grew the most. I felt supported, especially by my coworkers but also by my supervisors, and I was given lots of chances to move up quickly.

Cons

Project-based work is unpredictable and sometimes stressful -- now that I no longer do it, I don't miss it. Naturally, the client is king, so we constantly had to balance meeting their expectations, doing right by our own company, and having some semblance of a life. I found that hard to do.

Advice to Management

Keep working on intellectual diversity. Although I came from a heavy science-engineering background, my projects benefited from having people with a different education -- and when we had too many engineers together, we sometimes got creatively stuck.

"Good company if you can avoid working with some of the Directors"

I worked at Princeton Consultants full-time

Pros

I met a few very nice people and made a few good friends during my time at Princeton Consultants. I had the opportunity to hone my soft skills.

Cons

You need to figure out as soon as possible who the good Directors are, who the bad Directors are, who to work with and who to avoid working with.

Advice to Management

Stop treating junior people like fools - some of them are way smarter than you.