Princeton Review - Great Student Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Great Student Opportunities"

Former Employee - Campus Representative
Former Employee - Campus Representative

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, flexible opportunity for students to pitch text prep courses to other students on campus.

Cons

If you work on a campus that has a contract with another test prep company, you may feel that you work is for not.

Advice to Management

Students know better than upper management social media trends as well as campus dynamics to tap into to reach goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review

1. "A fun job with great pay"

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is one of the most unusual companies in the world. They stress the importance of being real, being casual, and having fun. A former boss once said, "If you're not having fun with this job, you're doing something wrong." The pay is good, too -- thanks to teaching for TPR, I was able to survive three bouts of being otherwise unemployed.

Cons

Sometimes management can have knee-jerk reactions and will shoot first before asking questions. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often. The biggest problem you'll have, really, as an instructor with The Princeton Review, is back-stabbing students and parents, who despite singing your praises while tutoring or teaching, and despite significant score increases, will feel you didn't do a good job. (Two examples -- I had a GRE student whose score increased 160 points but still gave me a terrible review, and an ACT student whose father was not satisfied with a 5-point score increase despite the guarantee of 3 points, and the fact that such a huge score increase is extremely rare.)

Advice to Management

My only concern is that seemingly since the company was sold, management hasn't been as fun as before. For the longest time, it was unheard of to get an e-mail from corporate that didn't start "Hey there!" I'd love to see more of that.

2. "Good pay for part time work"

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time

Pros

Easy training, high pay per hour for entry level

Cons

Gets repetitive, and students can be unappreciative

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work