Princeton Review - The pay's great, but you just won't get in that many hours. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

"The pay's great, but you just won't get in that many hours."

Former Employee - SAT Teacher in Houston, TX
Former Employee - SAT Teacher in Houston, TX

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty high ($18,00), and they provide the materials for you to give to the students. You go off TPR's curricula, but teaching the SAT lesson plans within the allotted time is managable.

They also reimburse drive-time, which is particularly helpful if you end up teaching at a place that's very far from your home or from the corporate offices.

Cons

The job's really less than part time, since you'd only get about 8 hours max or so. You get paid for proctoring the SAT exams on Saturdays, but it's only about $10/hr.

Advice to Management

Management would benefit by finding out where their employees live and asking them to go to schools or places that are within relatively close geographical proximity to those areas. It's somewhat unrealistic to expect people to drive from one city to another just to teach for 3-4 hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review

"Great experience"

Former Employee - SAT Teacher in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - SAT Teacher in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, accessible staff
    Proctoring: very clear instructions about testing procedures, timing, students, etc.
    Very prompt and frequent email communications
    Lots of work opportunities.

Cons

Proctoring, when not at a TPR facility, may be confusing sometimes. Even when I arrived half an hour in advance, I sometimes still have trouble finding the testing location, and venue administrators are only sometimes knowledgeable about what tests are happing where.

2. "Consistent Work-changing work environment"

Current Employee - SAT Teacher in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - SAT Teacher in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Princeton Review office has gone through numerous changes since I've been working for them. Every position in the office has been replaced at least three times and I've been working from the Berkeley office for five years. Right now the office staff is especially friendly and competent. The amount of work I have has been consistent.

Cons

The pay is on the low side for teaching and tutoring compared to other companies, but the Princeton Review will reimburse you for travel and any miscellaneous expenses related to working for the company.

Advice to Management

Please don't over work our office employees. Especially the current ones. Company stability is great for morale. Also new SAT material is overdue.