Princeton Review - A great summer job; too uncertain for long-term work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

"A great summer job; too uncertain for long-term work"

Current Contractor - MCAT Review Teacher in Nashville, TN
Current Contractor - MCAT Review Teacher in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Princeton Review as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

For a pre-med with time between college and medical school, this is an excellent part-time. Teaching hours are generously paid, and everything from training/prep to transportation and supplies is compensated. Helping students in a similar position to you is rewarding. Administrative people at the local office are friendly, laid-back, and helpful. You pick your hours and days.

Cons

You're hired as a contractor, so there's no guarantee you'll work as many hours as you want, or even at all. Training is intensive, and passing it is not certain. Trainings for different MCAT subjects are not always available in the near future. Expect to spend plenty of time going over material before class.

Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review

1. "Great Tutoring/Teaching Opportunity"

Current Employee - SAT Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - SAT Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and able to get you teaching without much experience. Good chance for upward movement.

Cons

Efficiency of your work flow largely determined by the back office staff. When the staffing shifts around too much, you lose a lot on continuity with the jobs you can get assigned to and the consistency of getting staffed on classes.

Advice to Management

Try to stay consistent with giving out teaching assignments. Sometimes its quite apparent that its not a level playing field amongst teachers and work available.

2. "One of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Tutoring Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Tutoring Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Princeton Review full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the flexibility of our office and the amazing people that I work with! There is just something great about watching the excitement from a student who has just received admission into their dream school because of the test score we helped them acheive. It's an overall fun, relaxed, and rewarding place to work!

Cons

As an office employee, you are pretty much always on call. ALWAYS. Can be a challenge if you have a family. There is also not a ton of training available to employees.

Advice to Management

Bonus or give pay raises to teachers who deserve them. We are losing great talent because of it!