Princeton Review - Experience depends largely on who you work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

"Experience depends largely on who you work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Princeton Review full-time

Pros

Working as account manager, I got to work with a levels of the organization at once as well as external stakeholders. Good opportunities for growth if you get in at the right time/place with the right manager. I saw someone go from an director of a local office to the regional vice president in the course of a few years. Depending on your role/manager, you can work from home.

Cons

Unless you have a manager who is going places, you probably aren't either. And if you happen to have a manager in poor favor with the higher-ups, good luck getting a raise or promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review

1. "Great job to do while going to school"

Former Employee - MCAT Review Teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - MCAT Review Teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- fun job
    - decent pay
    - easy to do part time
    - hours were flexible
    - students were great!

Cons

- only a minor con, but some prep was needed (but once you taught your first class there was much less to do for following classes)
    - not a reliable source of income as you were not guaranteed classes from year to year
    - company became disorganized when the Vancouver management was restructured and shifted to Toronto

Advice to Management

- For the majority of the time that I was working there there was a great manager who worked in our Vancouver office, but she was let go for company restructuring. She made working there a great experience. It became a little frustrating after that point as anyone that I could get assistance from was in Toronto. It was much easier to deal with day to day questions with someone face to face as opposed to talking to a person I have never met over email. It made the company seem uncaring and impersonal.

"flexible, fun"

Current Employee - SAT Teacher
    Current Employee - SAT Teacher

I have been working at Princeton Review part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very flexible--teachers/tutors are able to say yes or no to teaching classes/taking on new clients (must teach a certain number of classes per term). when tutoring, tutor and parents create their own schedules. there is room to advance in the company and make higher wages. almost everyone working for tpr is very nice and emphatic about what s/he does.

Cons

can be very disorganized at times. sometimes have to drive relatively long distances (fortunately, longer distances are reimbursed).