ProAssurance - Excellent. | Glassdoor

"Excellent."

I have been working at ProAssurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. I can’t speak for all salaries, but mine is about 25% more than most of my friends/peers with comparable education and in similar fields. I’m sure it varies widely by department and function, though. Benefits are solid. Vacation time is very good. The company makes a point to emphasize employee development and strives to promote internally (Cliché, but true). Stock is doing well and you can get options very quickly. Senior leadership seems hyper-competent and has direction. The customer sincerely comes first so you can go home feeling good about yourself. A national leader.

Cons

Admittedly, professional liability insurance and risk management consulting isn’t the sexiest field, but it can be interesting as you learn the nuances of it and all the details that play into your job function. Yes, some idiots slip into every company, but they’re few and far between here, and they don’t make it very far. It is a multi-billion dollar corporation, so some things can move somewhat bureaucratically, but relatively better than other corporations I’ve worked with. ProAss can be a bit conservative and slow to adopt new solutions and ways to solve problems, so it will be interesting to see how it affects them in the future, but I’m very happy here.

Advice to Management

Embrace more change and try to reduce some of the bureaucracy to make the company more reactive to new situations.

Other Employee Reviews for ProAssurance

1. "Accountant"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at ProAssurance as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, great people, great benefits.

Cons

Lots of hours can be required at close

2. "Claims Specialist"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Madison, WI

I worked at ProAssurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay along with a yearly bonus and stock purchase plan.

Cons

Management style and unwilling to listen to employees, poor medical benefits.