ProBuild - My experience with ProBuild was good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ProBuild

"My experience with ProBuild was good."

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Lakeville, MN
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Lakeville, MN

I worked at ProBuild full-time

Pros

They have decent benefits and treat people with respect while also providing some upward mobility. This company is always expanding, providing opportunities if someone is willing to travel.

Cons

The worst part about ProBuild is that they take every location and treat them all the same, regardless of where it is and what it is producing. IT is very helpful, and HR is worthless.

Advice to Management

If I were to speak directly to upper management I would suggest that they listen to the suggestions of each location and try to help them solve a problem.Instead of forcing their solution, which is typically not even close to the target.

Other Employee Reviews for ProBuild

1. "Over 10 years of painful, regretful remorse"

Former Employee - CDL/A Driver
    Former Employee - CDL/A Driver

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm not sure if I can find anything positive to say about my experiences at Pro-build. Perhaps being laid off at the height of the economic down turn was the best thing I ever experienced there. This action afforded me the opportunity to find an employer that puts value on its workforce.

Cons

Management tends to reward complainers,so as not to have to"hear it" and pass unpleasant tasks onto people who just get it done, regardless. This practice is common, and as you can expect, causes animosity, and loss of morale in the ranks.

Advice to Management

"Corporate" should take a look at what is happening right under their noses. Local managers tell you what you want to hear, but you continue to lose valuable talent. There is a reason qualified people are leaving in record numbers, employees called back never return, and customer base is shrinking,Take a moment and really check this out, won't you?

2. "Awful Corporation"

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are adequate.
    Bonuses based on overall sales of store

Cons

Overwork employees, understaff stores. Won't approve of hiring help. Employees are very under appreciated. No raise for anyone in years.