ProCare Therapy - ProCare rocks! | Glassdoor

"ProCare rocks!"

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL
Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL

Pros

I love working for ProCare. We have a close group that cares about serving children, schools and our therapists. At the end of the day, I feel great about the work I do.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a very flat organization with two levels: management and educational resource directors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The vibe and energy at ProCare is inspiring. It's nice to know that the company still has it's small company/family feel.

Other Employee Reviews for ProCare Therapy

"BSN School Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and efficient service by my contact, Though they are out of state, I received replies immediately to all my inquiries. Signing up with them was easy and timely, Completion of time cards is easy and payment of salary is always on time weekly. I would recommend them to any RN who was interested in being a contract RN.

Cons

Working as a contractor makes me miss out on most nurse education by the school district, the hourly salary is lower and I miss out on any bonuses ProCare, did, however, pay me back for my School Nurse college course and a state required inservice education I attended. I really appreciated that. The benefits are deducted from the salary which is already lower than comparable jobs in our area, so it is hard to take them

Advice to Management

1) Be more open in the contract on the language referring to, but not saying clearly, that there is a clause of not being able to work for an entity for a year after the contract ends. It appears to be a non-compete clause that is not clear.
    2) Add to the contract regarding payment for inservice education for nurses. The school district that I am working at has days of no school for students, but are 'data-days' for employees, None of us contractors can go to these. For example, today they are updating nurse information on diabetes, tube feedings, medications that can only be given by nurses (ie: seizures).

2. "Special Ed Teacher"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor

Pros

My recruiter, Tiffany, is a sweetheart! She has been in constant contact with me through the entire process--checking in with me and giving me updates, etc. She is super responsive and gets back to me immediately when I have questions or concerns and on top of all of that, she has such a bubbly, friendly demeanor that it's always a pleasure to speak with her.

Cons

In my case, there were a few miscommunications and misunderstandings on both ends of the contract (mine, and the district for which I now work) that caused delays in my first reimbursement, but the reps worked as quickly as they were able to rectify the situation and it's sorted out now.

Advice to Management

I know my recruiter was doing her absolute level best for me, but there were issues she really couldn't have known how to handle without the knowledge that only comes with time in the position. I think your newer employees might benefit from more support from your veteran employees in terms of reviewing contracts, etc before they're sent and signed.