Procter & Gamble - Procter develops leadership but be wary of long hours and a lack of Gen Y culture. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

"Procter develops leadership but be wary of long hours and a lack of Gen Y culture."

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

When i was initially looking for jobs I had many many opportunities presented to me. The reason i choose Procter is because i can learn all the technical skills in the world, but leadership skills are something very hard to come by and Procter only focuses on hiring and developing world class leadership talent.

Cons

Cincinnati, OH although a medium sized city can be a bit of a downer. The public transportation sucks. In the company itself you have to hit the ground running and you often work many more then 40 hours a week. I suggest that you take a hard look at your life and decide if your ready to start running with some of the most competitive and inteligent people in the world because your life is going to be put on the back burner for the first couple of years.

Advice to Management

Try to focus on your culture. With all the outsourcing you've done over the last few years you need to really put an eye to creating a better environment. New Young people at the company are unhappy because you don't give them enough flexibility and there is almost no social scene for them to take part in. Create a culture for young people. This country is going to be running low on talent supply in the next couple of years especially in technical skill sets and its going to take more then money to attract someone to a job here.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

"P&G: Great company, miserable location"

Former Employee - Intern, Researcher in Cincinnati, IA
    Former Employee - Intern, Researcher in Cincinnati, IA

Pros

More resources are available than a research university for more sophisticated lab work. Furthermore, expensive cruelty-free tissue models could be used instead of cheap lab mice. The company's name is very well-known and respected in many countries around the globe. Employees are treated very well. While making money is the top priority of the company, it does so with integrity and by making products that will improve the everyday lives of many.

Cons

Sustainability is an important issue to me, and I was frustrated with the great amount of excess energy I would see each day. Furthermore, as I learn more about leading a green lifestyle, I am starting to shop more from local businesses, and support multi-national corporations less. It would be too hard to try to live a sustainable lifestyle in Cincinnati, a city that requires a personal car to get almost anything done. Personally, I despised what my life had become after 12 weeks working in Cincinnati.

Advice to Management

Every employee, even college interns, should have their own workspace. Mine was made by clearing some bench space right next to my boss's office. Having the constant watch distracted me, and it also made me resentful to be at my desk. I feel I would have been much more productive if I had my own cubicle, just like all of my peers.

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

high caliber of employees, great brands/products, access to resources, pay

Cons

bureaucratic, slow, overly conservative, too much hierarchy

Advice to Management

loosen up, make work environment more organic & creative, simplify decision making, empower people more