Procter & Gamble - I was surprised how much more money I could earn outside | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

"I was surprised how much more money I could earn outside"

Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Section Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great fundamental training in whichever area you specialise in. If you move on you will realise how much better skilled you are than others. Corporate responsibility and PVP are inspiring. Great sense of pride comes from working on such well known products.

Cons

Very cult like - "we are P&G and we are the best" can lead to arrogance that ignores reality ( examine the current business situation to see this in action).
Promotion is very difficult and very competitive. Unfortunately it too often occurs due to networks not capability.

Advice to Management

Promote from within does not work. We need to infuse other talent and experiences to deal with a rapidly changing world.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

"An amazing company with endless potential for those who seek it out"

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's impossible describe how fun and engaging it is to work at P&G. Right off the bat, you are given immense responsibilities over large-scale projects without ever feeling overwhelmed. Management in this company is highly structured in a positive way and is very supportive of the technical and intangible needs of company employees. Innovation is the driving force and lifeblood of this company, so definitely expect to be open-minded and be open to change and new ideas when you step in. Those who come up with innovative solutions or solutions to company problems that work are fairly promoted/compensated and recognized. Pay is competitive as well, with great benefits that many other companies do not offer, such as profit sharing.

My favorite part of the company is the people however. P&G invests a lot of time, effort, and money into the recruitment of its employees and it definitely shows. I have never had a bad day at work or with anybody in the company. Those both above you and below you by pay-grade or level all have a way of enabling others' capabilities. Employees at this company are generally smart, friendly, and above all, leaders. That is what P&G is all about and it is a great company to not only meet other leaders and managers, but learn to be one yourself.

Cons

It is very difficult to come up with cons for this company due to my great experience with them. The only one I can think of, and this is not a con for me personally, is the fact that its a very large company. The way some people may see this to be a con is that employees become closer to just a number in the company rather than an individual known by everybody. However, it is very easy to get to know others in the company and network.

2. "A company with a rich history of quality"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that treats its employees with respect and eqaulity. Employees are heavily supported through excellent communication, training and resources of all types. Compensation is above average with many added benefits.

Cons

In the 8 years I worked for P&G, the pay and organizational structure changed 4 times. There was also a high rate of turnover in middle management, I had 7 different direct managers in 8 years. Some of the mandatory trainings tended to be redundent and overly time consuming.