Procter & Gamble - Great company, Great People." | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

"Great company, Great People.""

Former Intern - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH
Former Intern - Researcher Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely friendly corporate culture and work environment. The company offers you the ability to travel internationally and even encourages it. They want you do have a more global perspective and understand different cultures. I liked the low barriers to interacting with upper level management. I found myself as an intern occasionally eating lunch with Section Heads (SH) and Associate Directors (AD). Over a career you can work on completely unique and different projects all while under the P&G umbrella. Each will offer you completely new experiences while allowing you to retain your "benefits."

Cons

A lot of corporate bureaucracy gets in the way of making any significant changes on either work related or work environment changes. Too many things were "set in stone" and it was difficult to figure out who needed to be consulted for what to get something changed.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

1. "22 years R&D and Mfg/planning/qualit assurance experience"

Current Employee - Chemical Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Chemical Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

P&G expects a lot and give you loads of opportunity. The more you handle, the more you will be asked to handle. Find a good mentor and the growth could be exponential.

Cons

The structure for Promotions/moves to new jobs can become tedious and counterproductive. The processes are also sometirmess far too rigid and structured.

Advice to Management

Figure out where you need more (and more rigid) levels of control/process and don't implement more than is needed.

"a great learning experience for my first real job"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I learned about diversity and work ethics on this job. It was a wonderful experience and a valuable stepping stone for the rest of my career. The people i met while employed at P & G for 12 years were helpful and instrumental in the experience I gleaned for the future. I'm so glad to have been a part of this fantastic company.

Cons

Accounting Office moved from Chicago to Oakbrook, IL. I went with the move but after starting a family , the distance to drive was not feasible for me so I, moved on to new horizons. It turned out to be a blessing because I found my niche in Health Care.

Advice to Management

The management team that i worked with was great. I can only think of one individual who was not a team player or a good leader and he wasn't there very long.