Procter & Gamble - Not a huge chance for advancement unless you know the right people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

"Not a huge chance for advancement unless you know the right people."

Current Employee - Order Management Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA
Current Employee - Order Management Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great job security, Its really hard to get fired at P&G. Even if you do the minimum amount of work you can still impress people. Sometimes I see employees only do one real task in a day.

Cons

Low to middle of the road pay, redundancies, and lackluster middle management. For the amount of work that I and my co workers do in CS we should be payed at least 40k/annual. Most of us are severely under that and it is really hard to care about a company if you don't feel they're caring for you. Working in CS means that I'm the whipping post of the company. Regularly, someone is calling to try to get something for free or tell me how terrible of a person I am because their order didn't come on time or that there was a little product left at the bottom of the bottle that they couldn't use and they want a refund. I've been cursed at, insulted and demeaned.

Its just the nature of the job.

Advice to Management

Be in touch more with the movers and shakers of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

"A nice place to work"

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Lots of access to training, decent salary, flexible work arrangements, and the ability to move around the company over time are all perks of working here.

Cons

Some of the work doesn't feel very meaningful, its difficult to advance, teams dont really feel much like teams - more like co-workers, easy to get comfortable and not reach your potential.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees at all levels to do things differently, create new paths, and not get stuck on the beaten path. It feels like we are too worried about process and not about innovation.

"way too much stuff to keep up with, a lot of bureaucracy, programs in place just to say they are there"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Tech in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Tech in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

incredible opportunities great job to learn responsibility and the basics of many many manufacturing principles

Cons

The company is looking for people to live there, absolutely all the work you want and then some. People are easily forgotten. The true culture is take responsibility so we'll have someone to blame.

Advice to Management

don't forget there are people underneath ALL that paperwork