Procter & Gamble - Great Company! | Glassdoor

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to lead from Day 1! Very Flexible! Great Work Life Balance! Open job posting system allows employees to flow freely from job to job without having to change companies if they are interested in switching functions or doing a broadening assignment. Cincinnati is a great place to work and live. The cost of living is extremely low and there are a TON of things to do in the city if you put yourself out there and get involved.

Cons

Most of the managers are great and the work is great, however, in the rare times that you get stuck under a bad manager or are being micromanaged it can be pretty rough. The good thing is that if you are good, you will have the opportunity to transition every 2-3 years and will get exposure in other places with other managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

"Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Mason, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large stable company. Lots of opportunities within your chosen profession or to switch gears and try something new due to the diversity of consumer products sold by P&G. Ample opportunities for training. Great pay, benefits, profit sharing, etc. Surrounded by very smart, hardworking colleagues.

Cons

Learning the culture tends to be easier for some vs others, and you really need to understand the company culture to reach your full potential.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Great learning ground but 'upward mobility' is mostly reserved for those who know how to 'play the game'"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati Amf, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati Amf, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Great trainings. Big brand names. A great set of intellectuals and personalities overall. I have met some of my very good friends and mentors here. If you want to come and learn for a while, do join this company. If you are an ambitious individual who want to move up as fast as you produce results, this is not the place for you.

Cons

So much politics. So much bureaucracy that can drive people who do not enjoy the unnecessary lime light crazy.

Advice to Management

Practice "servant leadership". Understand that if you just talk and not walk what you just said, especially when it comes to simplifying and improving the way we work, then your words and leadership is totally meaningless. About 20% of the senior management I have worked with at this company are good at servant leadership and walk their own talk - which is really disheartening for a company that holds near and dear their "PVPs". Let's throw away the mentality of "creating unnecessary work for my team so I look good to the CEO" mentality.