Procter & Gamble - Great Place for New Hire | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble

"Great Place for New Hire"

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

I think they really care about you as a person and want to develop you to be the best you can be. You get to learn about various work systems and they give you a guideline or CBA lol on how to do things. There is a way to do everything and its carefully outlined. I don't think this is a bad thing because you don't really have to follow the guidelines, but it makes your life harder if you don't. I think when you start out as a new hire, you want to follow these guidelines and then tweak them or innovate. I actually worked for pg as an intern and wasn't told how to do anything. I think they hired me based on the fact that I did very well given the circumstances. Knowing what I know now, I realise my assignment was incredibly hard and I appreciate the P&G tools now at my disposal. Those tools answer the burning questions I had when I was an intern

There is a lot of work to be done in some categories especially the acquisitions or mergers so you can really showcase your achievements. Furthermore the culture in some locations are very laidback, none of this proctoid stuff you hear about in Cinci.

It does seem to be an engineer's company strangely enough. If you are an engineer you can go anywhere you like from finance to HR without ever leaving the company, I think their training programs are that good.

Lots of people are lifers, that should say something. Finally my interview with P&G was the weirdest ever and I had to take some assessment, which was also pretty strange. They are looking for a certain type of person most definitely and if that's you, great. If not, you probably would have hated it anyway.

Cons

The Locations are pretty bad. The benefits could be better ... how can you not be immediately eligible for 401(k) contribution. Some managers are not good managers. There is obviously some politics and bureaucracy. Onboarding process could be better. Promotion does seem rather sluggish. Pay could be more competitive. Could do a better job of integrating acquisitions. Could have a better recognition program for good results. Workload is rather heavy, it seems like one has to be a jack of all trades. Way too much focus on reapplication and not trying to reinvent the wheel... seems like that goes against LCOS and BVOA and really thinking about 'elegant solutions'

Advice to Management

Listen more to the little people, they make P&G what it is and also try to see where your ideas are actually being implemented, it's feedback for the thoughtprocess

Other Employee Reviews for Procter & Gamble

1. "Can't really find a better employer in my opinion."

Pros

Everyone is a proffessional, of course there are times you wonder why a person is in his job, but that is not always the case. There is much less politics in this company vs. anywhere else.

Cons

If you are not flexible to move it can be difficult if you want to be in senior management.

Advice to Management

Need to be more attentive to people who are not flexible to move.

"A majority of the issues are people and behavioral issues"

Current Employee - Process Engineer
    Current Employee - Process Engineer

Pros

It is a global company that if you are willing to move around for, you can visit almost anywhere you would want to on a typical 2/3 year assignment. They have a detailed vacation, 401k structure is makes it fair to all new hires so that people are not starting on different levels. International is actually involved on the plant level so that it does not seem like they are a distant organization as I've seen in other companies. You can also be proud of who you work for as they make efforts for that everyone can be involved in their community.

Cons

The main issue is job stability. Factories can be closed on a whim and migrated into other factories. The big pictures of such plans are not fully given to the employees at the affected factories to those outside of the senior management so that the proper decision for that person can be made. They also train everyone like a robot and cause people to rely on these centrals pillars rather than the department's management taking control of issues and fixing them. A majority of the issues are people and behavioral issues which do not seem to ever get fixed through the proper channels.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to be more involved on the line levels.