Proforma - Not the worst, but definitely could be better | Glassdoor

"Not the worst, but definitely could be better"

Former Employee - Marketing/Business Development in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's nice that the franchise owners are able to leave a ton of positive reviews, but the experience of working in the support center is vastly different than that of the franchise owners, and make no mistake - without the support center employees, you have nothing to offer the franchise owners. One of the best parts of my job at Proforma was that I had a direct supervisor that was hands-off, didn't micromanage, and treated everyone fairly. If you produced, you were pretty much left alone to do your work without someone hovering over your shoulder all the time. The franchise owners I worked with, with very few exceptions, were easy to work with, and really appreciated the work that was being done to help them grow their businesses. I met some really good people both in the support center, and among the franchise owners, and I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

Please get with the rest of the progressive working world, and allow people to have flex time, and even work from home occasionally if their situation warrants it. Some departments are permitted this latitude, but others are not, and it's not because those employees couldn't do their jobs from a remote location. It's a control thing, and it's outdated. Long term employees are leaving one after another, and they are not being replaced. Instead, their workloads are simply being redistributed to other employees, and most of the time, no additional compensation is being offered. People are expected to just do more work, for the same pay, and they are afraid to complain/question most of the time, for fear of losing their jobs. In the short term, that might make your bottom line look good, but in the long term, you will continue to lose good people who are sick of being taken advantage of. If the budget is that big of a concern, start with cutting the dead weight of the non-performing employees. There is no reason that some people should still have jobs, when they haven't hit their goals in a very long time, and aren't even close most months. Allowing that sort of behavior to go unchecked breeds resentment among the employees that work hard to produce, and crushes morale.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of confrontation, and get rid of the dead weight. If you did that on occasion, you'd probably have it in the budget to replace the people who choose to leave, instead of overworking whoever is left in the department.

Proforma2017-09-22
  1. "Technology at it's Highest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Proforma' s advancement in technology is putting them a huge step above the others. The new system being implemented will save unlimited time for both the owners and the employees. It is amazing and rewarding to be a part of this huge step forward for out company.

Cons

No cons at this time

Proforma2020-01-20
  2. "Great Company. Heavily Invested in Technology"

Current Employee - Business Processor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is really trying to differentiate itself in terms of technology. Proforma is committed to making its members enjoy their best business success. This is done through technology and this is super exciting. I am enjoying the changes taking place.

Cons

Really nothing to complain about at this time.

Proforma2019-12-23

Discover more reviews about Proforma.