Proforma - Beware! Stay away if you can! | Glassdoor

"Beware! Stay away if you can!"

Former Employee - Support Staff in Independence, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not a lot of positive feedback to give this company. They do try to make it seem like they are the best place to work, but unfortunately they have mountains to climb to get there.

Cons

When you start, you are presented with a great picture of the company by the HR department. It is a franchising company and they bend over backwards to please the owners without considering the support center staff in any way shape or form. They are far from being a top employer, if anything they are a substandard employer looking at their attitude towards their support staff. There was a time when the entire marketing department left. In IT turnover is extremely high also, all areas from helpdesk to technical, everybody is treated in the same disrespectful manner. There are other departments in the company that are treated unfairly and many employees are threatened with their position. There is a website that corroborates my "testimony”. They make you do things that you are never told during the interviewing process as the job description. It is frowned upon to leave at 5 PM and you are yelled at if you are not in at 8 AM. Vacation & PTO is sub-mediocre; you start with 2 weeks + 1 week PTO and can only get an extra week after 10 years. Also you cannot take more than a week at a time at most. During convention time (yearly event) around July, and a few months before you better not plan any vacations. I heard from other people that left, that during the interview they made promises that they never fulfilled as well as statements that were untrue. If you have a way to avoid joining Proforma, please do for your own sanity. If you have to take a position at this company, please ask for assurances in WRITING that what you were promised you get.

Continue reading
    Proforma2012-11-17
  1. "Great place to grow as a software developer."

Current Employee - Web Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Proforma for around two years. I started my software development career here. They have a great system for on boarding new devs, they care about your growth and development. There are great mentors there who will actually help you learn. Family atmosphere.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Proforma2020-02-14
  2. "It could be worse I guess"

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The position was challenging and we had a healthy work load, but not impossible by any means. I learned a lot on the job. There are some nice people that work there.

Cons

A lot of the negative reviews are pretty spot on. If your getting paid at this company above let's say 40k or above, your lucky. A lot of the direction came from the top and in our case that was Brian Smith, he was not good at all and was all about nepotism. That trickles down. A lot of people would openly complain about this and that created negative morale.

Continue reading
    Proforma2020-02-26

Discover more reviews about Proforma.