Progress Energy Florida - worked from when it was fl power corp to progress energy corp. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progress Energy Florida

"worked from when it was fl power corp to progress energy corp."

Former Employee - Lineman in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Lineman in Orlando, FL

I worked at Progress Energy Florida full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

allot of job selections with in the company. A chance to relocate to other areas of the country.

Cons

mico managed everything, including watching from a distance of safety procdures.

Advice to Management

the first line boss over time gets a power kick of control. It's sad allot of good people ether quit or are let go cause of these power hungry bosses.

Other Employee Reviews for Progress Energy Florida

1. "Great company as long as you get a manager who is not solely out for his or herself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Progress Energy Florida full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Excellent benefits, Somewhat secure, work is not generally difficult

Cons

There is a lot of change going on with the merger, and managers are too worried about themselves rather than about developing employees. Budget cuts have stopped pretty much all personal development. Recently there has been a loss of the importance of work-life balance

Advice to Management

Stop trying to CYA, start developing your employees professionally. A simple thank you and good job will go a long way.

2. "Been a great ride...."

Current Employee - Mechanic Millwright in Crystal River, FL
    Current Employee - Mechanic Millwright in Crystal River, FL

I have been working at Progress Energy Florida full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money, benefits, great people for the most part...

Cons

We have been bought out twice... First by CP&L and now by Duke Energy... Seems like the family atmosphere we had when I first started is gone... We always seem to come up short in these buy outs...

Advice to Management

Stop the GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to laugh at all the people that felt bad for Bill Johnson, Yall gave him a 44 million dollar severance package for his 2 hours of the new Duke CEO...