Progressive Business Publications - Surprised by teamwork | Glassdoor

"Surprised by teamwork"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with work schedule. Accommodating any and all family need and emergencies. Provide an excellent work environment and a casual atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is not great but the benefits are excellent. Lack of communication on a few issues and the HR department could be better involved with identifying poor performers and working on action plans to improve their performance or moving on.

Advice to Management

Need to be proactive with succession planning

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

"Everyone was so supportive and encouraging"

Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I began work at PBP as an administrative assistant in the special events department. It wasn't my dream job, but the people were all very nice and the work was enjoyable. As I expressed interest and showed ability, my supervisor was happy to allow me to branch out into different types of tasks and areas of the company. Some of the wonderful things I got to do while working at PBP include assisting with the design of the line of greeting cards and developing a dance team with a few elementary school students that attend a school the PBP sponsors. I was also encouraged to apply for a position in the editorial department, even though it took me away from my admin duties. Everyone was happy to give me opportunities and support my goals from the beginning of my time there (I was even able to telecommute part time). It was difficult to leave such a welcoming and encouraging group of people when I had to take my leave due to relocating for my husband's work.

Cons

There were a few things that bothered me with the editorial work. One of them was having to do cold calls, mostly because I am not a terribly confident person on the phone. Another was the strictness of the format of how they write the articles for the newsletter, but that's what works for them and it's something that you just have to learn how to do.

Advice to Management

It would have been encouraged to research articles more before writing them.

"Horrorawful"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Altoona, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Altoona, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy, laid back. You can wear shorts.

Cons

Tedious work. Extremely boring and repetitive. I would rather be unemployed.

Advice to Management

Go out of business.