Progressive Business Publications - Overall great experience | Glassdoor

"Overall great experience"

Former Intern - Summer Editorial Intern
Former Intern - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

"Positive Environment, Dedicated and Professional Colleagues"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

*Culture that encourages achievement
    *Colleagues are people of accomplishment who encourage and support one another
    *Opportunity to bring great ideas to fruition
    *Strong record of giving back to the community

Cons

*It is hurtful and aggravating to read the nasty criticisms and negative comments seen on the web.
    *some of these harangues seem unfair and misleading

"Hard work rewarded with opportunity"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

If you put in the work and time to learn about the company you will be rewarded with increased responsibility and opportunity.
    You are always encouraged to try new things and new approaches which is a refreshing change from other organizations I have worked for.
    Very involved in the community and believes in and encourages giving back - something that is missing in many companies today.

Cons

More vacation time would be nice, but I have learned from past experience, sometimes you pay for more vacation time through unpaid/unrecognized overtime.