Progressive Business Publications - Business to Business telemarketing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

"Business to Business telemarketing"

Pros

Some of the people you talked to were great

Cons

A lot of the people you worked with, were not professional at all

Advice to Management

Screen applicants better

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

"Decent place for entry-level, not much more"

Pros

Profitable company, privately held, not dependent on satisfying shareholders.

Cons

Low pay, very flat structure.

"Overall great experience"

Former Intern - Summer Editorial Intern
    Former Intern - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.