Progressive Business Publications - Fun! Fun! Fun! | Glassdoor

"Fun! Fun! Fun!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Advice to Management

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

1. "My experience at PBP has been valuable & useful to all aspects of my life"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The overall office is fun & lighthearted even though it is a sales office. Although it is obviously a competitive environment we all continue to encourage each other even if we are not doing as well personally at the moment. Our branch manager really makes sure that not only work hard but we have fun doing it too. This is my second time working here & I really used the tools I learned here at my other sales job & was successful there as well. When I came back I was excited to continue to learn more & improve on the skills I had originally learned here. I am now looking forward to finding new ways to help the new sales reps entering here to also find success here as well. At all the sales offices I have worked at I never found the same great environment to feel like I was 100% supported like I have found here.

Cons

The biggest challenge working here is staying realistic in our sales goals here. Self-management is key here & keeping your expectations real even if you had 1 great day is the most important thing to remember. The way our schedule & breaks are done here you really have to make sure that you keep your time commitments by self managing your time. I try to remember that even if I am having a bad couple of calls keep plugging away & keep myself in my seat or it will never get better. Also never taking anything that is said during a sales call is also challenging as well. Remembering it is not necessarily you that they are upset with it might just be their day.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep improving on the things that are working here. We have great management who keep us well supported at all times. There is never a time when I feel alone in this job & I know that help just needs to be asked for if it's needed. It would be nice if the base pay was increased a little bit but I do understand that there is always opportunity to make more here by selling more. I do think that raising the sales base salery to a .08 was great not that I am ever that low but it does help take some of the pressure off of striking a even 1.0

2. "A positive environment."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Cons

i wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

Advice to Management

so nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off