Progressive Insurance - Great company to work for! Strong work ethics! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Great company to work for! Strong work ethics!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

It's a great company to work for, with a good benefits package. Great management, good communication, updated technology, you get to have your own desk with an ergonomic assessment. A lot of opportunities to gain extra money. A lot of praise for the work you do and opportunity to growth. I feel accepted for the person I am since day #1. They are open to suggestions.

Cons

If you want unpaid time off , that is not an option, a lot of state guidelines to follow and constant changes.

Advice to Management

So far I do not have an advice for management, they are great people. However, I do wish I had the opportunity to request unpaid time off.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. "Great pay, hard work"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Boston, MA

Pros

Compensation is very fair
    Company is open to change
    Opportunities to move around
    Good people

Cons

Long hours
    Dealing with disgruntled customers
    Arguing with body shops

Overall it is a great company to work for. This line of work is not for everyone. Some people burn out quickly. The work volume changes dramatically based on the seasons. There will be slow times and then suddenly there will be an influx of claims.

Advice to Management

Focus more on positive feedback. It often feels like you never get a compliment without also receiving feed back or an "opportunity"

2. "Supportive managers, ability to work independently, opportunity for professional growth"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Opportunites for personal and professional growth are readily available. My manager and all leadership I've encountered are very open to suggestions, training opportunities, and changes in process. I have more freedom then I thought possible at a corporation, as far as structuring my schedule and completing my daily work actions.

Cons

Things can move slowly, as there are many people involved in a process from start to finish.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback on process improvement!