Progressive Insurance - Good place to work, but they work you hard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Good place to work, but they work you hard."

Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Claims Generalist Intermediate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive seems like a great company so far (just 1 year of service). I really like the people I work with and I have been promoted fairly quickly (which I hear is abnormal).

Cons

The workload is heavy and you are salary. When we are fully staffed, it can be pretty fun, but unfortunately it seems someone is always getting promoted, switching roles, etc, and then it can be a ton of work.

Advice to Management

Overall I feel management is pretty in touch with what we are going through. My only advice is to hire just a couple more claims adjusters and we would never have a crushing workload again.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

"SWEATSHOP- All the Managers had Geico ...."

Current Employee - Senior Auto Damage Appraiser in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Auto Damage Appraiser in Miami, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job security, training. nice front line employees

Cons

Clique type environment, if you like being micromanaged, and prefer being promoted based on which team lead, & managers butt you kiss, ("bring an apple for"..."hang out with after work" ? Then this is the job for you.
     Find "no win" situations challenging and rewarding?Then work in claims for Progressive writing auto damage estimates.

Advice to Management

NONE

""Progressive" is "Unprogressive""

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, hard working, and caring co-workers
    Business Casual
    Flexibity to manage schedule
    Job Stability
    This is a good company to learn the Insurance business

Cons

Progressive lacks innovation and career growth. This is not the same company I started working for five years ago, the constent changes are not for the better. The company used to be very customer and employee centric, now it's all the bottom line. Lack of proper training for new employee's and micromanagement of the tenured employee's will hurt the company in the long run. CEO and Senior Management are completely "out of touch", encourage bureaucracy, and do not value it's employee's, morale is low and employee's are "burned out" as a result. The software and processing systems are out of date, which makes my job very difficult. This company is a "dead end" job, not a place to have a career and retire.

Advice to Management

The companies focus on "being number one" is running the company into the ground. Focus needs to be on what makes us unique and the customers will come and stay. Customers and employee's alike are seeing through all the "smokin' mirrors" and are leaving the company in droves, it's not to late to change that, however, it's too late to save a tenured license rep like me from jumping off this sinking ship. Take care of the employee's that take care of you and the money your saving from Web based training is costing the company more money due to the lack of understanding from the new employee's that are making huge mistakes, there is no need to hire thousands of new people if you promote qualified employee's from within and have tenured people work in departments and jobs that they love to do. Asking for feedback and not changing anything is just as bad as not asking for feedback at all. Lastly, CEO Glenn Renwick should go on "Undercover Boss" and get a reality check!