Progressive Insurance - A solid company where you don't fear that your job will be eliminated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"A solid company where you don't fear that your job will be eliminated"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - IT Service Desk Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Gainshare (bonus) depending on company performance, relaxed work environment. Encouraged to speak up for process improvements, etc.

Cons

Very little movement, which may be attributed to the poor economy at the moment.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Great company to work for with great people & a lot of opportunity for internal advancement"

Current Employee - PIP Litigation Representative Senior in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - PIP Litigation Representative Senior in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Progressive are great. Also, the company is very interested in being involved with the community with volunteering and being supportive of multiple groups (minority races, LGBT community, local animal shelters, Habitat for Humanity, etc). They like to promote from within and have good opportunities for development.

Cons

Given the nature of our business, the workload can vary greatly and sometimes the resopnse in staffing changes is not as quick as one might like.

Advice to Management

Continue with the development programs you have but have more and make it more transparent in terms of feedback when one is not chosen for certain programs.

"Good place to start out."

Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Claims Generalist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good starting pay right now of college with benefits, gain sharing and time off.
    - An excellent training program, one of the best I've experienced.
    - I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, direct supervisor and branch manager.
    - If you have the right type of personality and mind-set for this type of work you could be extremely successful and potentially move up quickly. But it certainly isn't for everyone.

Cons

- I felt like they took advantage of people being salaried, definitely not only a 40 hour a week job.
    - The branch I was in was very, very understaffed causing those that were still there to have the work of two people.
    - The job itself can be very stressful, speaking with people who are already very stressed an often time hurt after an accident.

Advice to Management

Please understand that people who are very tenured may be able to work upwards of 10-15 new claims a day, but people who have been there a year or less will struggle with it and that is something to be understood, not punished for.