Progressive Insurance - I learned to accept changes, worked with beautiful managers, supervisors and co-workers! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"I learned to accept changes, worked with beautiful managers, supervisors and co-workers!"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the Customer Service Department, there are always training sessions, meetings, contests, potluck dinners (to mingle with your co-workers), and many other ways to grow and accept changes. The benefits are wonderful, especially when the company profits. You work with some beautiful people. You work in your own cubicle. You talk with some very interesting people!!

Cons

They always ask for their employees opinions. They try to make your job as easy as possible. A person has sick days and accumulated time to take off if needed. They have meetings with outside companies to come in and talk with their employees about financial and education resources. Managers and supervisors have open door policies when a person needs it.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working at Progressive. I was just thinking the other day, I was blessed with some wonderful managers and supervisors. Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Progessive is the best company I have ever worked for!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired nearly a year ago after an extensive interview process, and have been so happy with the company! I am surprised since I only took the job out of desparate need after being out of work. But since I started and have learned about the culture of the company and the way they treat customers and employees, I have to say that this is the best company I have ever worked for. It's not an easy job, but if you show up each day and give it your best, the rewards are great! I plan to retire with Progressive and am proud to say I work for such a terrific company. The training is extensive, and you are given ample time to learn the skill necessary for your position. The support staff, managers and other leaders are all very friendly and supportive. It is truely a culture of the "The Golden Rule". Diversity and inclusion is practiced, not just preached like some of the other companies I have worked for. What I have found is that working for Progressive has made me a better person ...their culture, ethics and code of conduct instills respect for all whether they are a customer on the other end of the phone line, or a coworker sitting next to you. Opportunities to succeed are offered when you earn it, the managers actually help you achieve your goals! Employees are rewarded for hard work. And lastly the benefits are pretty darn good too! A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!

Cons

Sometimes the work is stressfull, but that is true of any position really.

Advice to Management

No advise..... Management is awesome.

"The Worst Job I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Inside Claims Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Inside Claims Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time

Pros

Very Few. Individual co-workers were great. Reasonable benefits package. Pay bumps if you agree to work differential shifts.

Cons

Work load is overwhelming. No advancement unless you want to transfer to another office to do the same job. Claims adjusters are expected to work from home evenings and weekends, come into work when very ill, or when weather conditions are unsafe. NPS/Performance evaluation metrics are unreasonable and unsustainable. Constant threat of being fired for being unable to keep with ridiculous work load. Low staff morale. Team Leads play favorites and reps against each other. Unprofessional work environment, inappropriate sexual relationships between reps, reps & TLs, and drug use.

Advice to Management

Claims office cultures need to be completely shaken up. The level of inappropriate, duplicitous, and ugly behavior from TLs who hold grudges against reps is embarrassing and shouldn't be tolerated. Work/life balance needs to be taken seriously. You get what you pay for- stop hiring fresh out of college graduates who leave in 3 years or less. Hire seasoned claims people and pay them what they're worth.