Progressive Insurance - It's a good company | Glassdoor

"It's a good company"

Pros

It is the largest company at Cleveland area.

Cons

The salary is not high.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Misleading Career"

Current Employee - PD Representative
    Current Employee - PD Representative

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people they hire are people you would want to work with.

Cons

Progressive employment is extremely misleading. For a company their size, worth over $14 billion dollars, there would be more opportunity. However, the "growth" they like to boast is primarily comprised of back filling and transfers. Plan on little to no upward mobility - UNLESS management LOVES you, both professionally and personally. It is definitely a game of favorites, and unless you're a sycophant, don't plan on promotions. If you don't eat sleep and breathe Progressive and LOVE every minute - good or bad - you'll have no career. They want yes-workers, no one with ideas or out of the box thinking. This company definitely falls prey to its own success...Progressive is so large, that they have absolutely lost touch with their base workers. Every other person I know that works in insurance outside of Progressive makes more. Usually quite a bit more. Annual salary reviews are usually a joke, and can oftentimes be insulting. They do not recognize the experience and merits of some of their more tenured reps. Local management will not stand behind you in decisions you make, and I don't know if that's out of fear from corporate, or sheer apathy. It's unfortunate that I'm looking outside of Progressive, because I feel that I AM a valuable employee (and I still like my coworkers), but I don't feel valued at all. Better compensation and fewer lateral movements preventing local vertical movement are ultimately the ONLY things that would need to be addressed...unfortunately that comprises about 80% of what a career is. Hence the 1/5 stars. Sorry, Progressive.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Start paying competitively.

2. "High paced, growth and skills stretching."

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, areas for advancement, training provided, decent work hours, friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Very high paced and strict environment, turn around report time challenging, must be extremely multifaceted and have superior time management skills to keep up with your job description to receive a raise. Unfortunately many of their employment positions have moved closer to there main home office locations.