Progressive Insurance - Best Company I've Ever Worked For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Former Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits - between the onsite medical office, cafeterias, kitchen stations on every floor of every building, onsite gym, dry cleaners, quiet room...I could go on & on. Even the healthcare is better than every company I've worked for, before & after.
Culture - made some life-long friends from starting in the call center, all the way on up to IT and business roles. I'm one of the few that has left (regrettably). Many friends still there, with a stable position that provides challenges. How great is that in today's corporate economic state?

For anyone out there that complains about Progressive, all I can say is go work somewhere else doing the same, and let me know how that turns out. I've worked for 2 other companies since leaving due to a relocation and I can guarantee you nobody out there is as transparent to their employees and provides as much. If you are in one of the hourly positions, sure, it may not be as great. But like I said - go do the same elsewhere and see how that goes. As for promotion opportunities, I started out in the call center and moved UP into 4 other positions during a 7 year tenure. With every step I met more great people, learned more and felt like I worked for a company that respected their employees. Progressive is a fantastic company. If you think the grass is greener, I wish you luck.

Cons

No hiring program in place for Alumni. If you have good people that leave on good terms and want to come back, it should be an easy process to get them back in.

Advice to Management

Add an Alumni hiring program to easily get your best team members back, given the opportunity.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. "Great place to launch a career but moving up is slow"

Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome people who work in Claims. Great work life balance

Cons

Workload, Micromanagement, technology is slow.

Advice to Management

Too many process changes are disruptive in the claims organization

"Great company! Don't care for the call center work..."

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive is a great company that values it's product and the people that make that product worthwhile. They invest in their employees professionally, personally and financially. The benefits are great, with nice bonuses at the end of the year, lots of paid days off and great health care. The people are fantastic and they really try and make sure you are taken care of.

Cons

Most of the positions here are call center types. I sit on a phone most of the day, rarely see other employees and people are much more likely to get angry when over the phone. I am in a cubicle (with a nice view), sitting down in front of a computer for 10 hours a day. I think this job is perfect for some people, but make sure it fits your personality.

Advice to Management

More knowledge of other department's work would fuel better service. Otherwise, great job making this a good place to work.