Progressive Insurance - When you work hard, you get to play hard. Great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"When you work hard, you get to play hard. Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Claims Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Because I have dedicated myself to my job as a career, I have seen much effort placed in my development. Senior management understands that employees need to have attainable goals. Monthly coaching discussions are emphasized to assist in each person's growth. There are so many different avenues to get into within the company.

It's no secret that Progressive spends a lot of money on training good people. It's the reason we have scouts constantly looking to steal away our talent.

Senior management recognizes that people are people outside of the workforce. We come together inside the office as one big team and leave outside differences behind us.

Cons

If you work in claims, the workload can be very intense. It's pretty much a product of "Corporate America" to be pushed and prodded with the words "accuracy" and "efficiency" so Progressive is not alone. But a standard 8 hour shift, not to mention the stress going home can be very wearing. BUT, the pressure I've endured has only made me a stronger person, even outside of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I'm proud to be a part of an organization that is consistently looking for ways to improve.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. "Progressive employees can be proud of their company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Stable, established company that is still fresh and innovative. The processes we follow encourage feedback and integrity. The great work ethic of our employees are demonstrated every day and is consistent across our many claims offices. We are kept abreast of our goals and challenges as well as activity within the organization. It is great to hear from customers who are impressed and satisfied with Progressive.

Cons

Competition from other carriers, especially in advertising, makes our growth a little more difficult. There are also negative feelings about the insurance industry as a whole from customers. Since the hurricanes and other disasters that have affect the nation, insurance companies have gotten a bad rap, some deservedly so.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture and encourage employees.

2. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Managed Repair Representative in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Enjoying work that is different every day, not being tied down to a desk, great benefits, good team of people to work with

Cons

Variable workload and task volume, stressful situations at times

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to be innovators and leaders in our market.