Progressive Insurance - SO SO Company for as big as they are | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"SO SO Company for as big as they are"

Former Employee - IT Corp in Mayfield, OH
Former Employee - IT Corp in Mayfield, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Periodic work from home was a plus
relaxed a little on the hours

Cons

very metting oriented
driven on Matrix rather than employee performance
Managers seem not to care about employees just the numbers.

Advice to Management

Try managing your people and they will give you the numbers. Managing just to the numbers will drive the good employees to quit.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. "Best Place I ever Worked"

Current Employee - Claims Generalist
    Current Employee - Claims Generalist

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual Work Environment, Competitive Pay with Profit Sharing, Ethical place to work in regards to claims handling and settlement. Great Health Insurance Benefits, Paid Time off,

Cons

Claims Volume is high as company keeps growing and that stretches employees thin at times, upward Mobility seems near impossible due to various factors for instance, People stay in their current roles for so long but you cant blame them as the company is indeed a great place to work with competitive pay + profit sharing there is no room to move up, another reason is progressive has such great talent to move up one has to be extremely exceptional at what they do so when the rare opportunity comes up one can have a shot at it.

Advice to Management

Management should seriously consider giving supervisors more training in managing people also I think management should re-orientate their managers regularly (every 3 years or so) as the business needs evolve due to changing customer needs, progressive does a really good job staying ahead of the curve in terms of products but on the back end they should also re-orientate their managers to make them aware of these shifts. (most managers have been with the company for over 20 years and in some that I have had the pleasure of dealing with, you can see they still hold "old school views" of doing stuff that may not be relevant with today 's customer. All in all I think the management team at progressive is amazing.

2. "Contact Center Rep"

Former Employee - Contact Center Rep in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Contact Center Rep in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Gym on site, doctor on site, food...ART!...what more can you ask for? Also, very understanding managers, and easy to talk to. Great work, life, family, school balance. Really not a lot of companies left that are like these guys. My only advice, is, if you need to leave, make sure you build strong connections in case you want to return. I needed to leave this company for an emergency relocation to another state-family illness. I've tried to return, the company hasn't extended any interviews..although their HR department assured that I was eligible for re-hire. The pay is great, the atmosphere isn't comparable to other companies, and the training is outstanding. I'd love to return to this company. I've worked for other companies making much more money, but it truly wasn't worth the stress. If you have an offer here, and you like handling customer service calls, and you like to go home when your shift ends...Take the job!

Cons

None really. Fair reviews, quality training, good pay, great work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Sometimes people who leave, really have to. But if they want to return, you should welcome them. Especially when they were extremely valuable to your customers and even receive outstanding comments about their customer service from your competitors. Imagine your potential when you have a team that's truly on your side.. That's Progressive- (go ahead and use that for marketing).

Progressive Insurance Response

Nov 6, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the comments you’ve shared. As part of the recruiting team, we may be able to provide you with more details. Email us at careers@progressive.com if you’d like to discuss this further... More