Progressive Insurance - Customer Service Representative | Glassdoor

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive is a great company to work for. I loved the people i worked with. Progressive is a very diverse company. Management is really great about sticking to the core values of the company.

Cons

Holistic attendance policy. Each supervisor can excuse or give occurrence for absence based on their opinion. If you and another employee from another team missed work for the same reason one supervisor may excuse it while the other marks it against you. Each day missed is a separate occurrence. If you are sick for three days there are three occurrences. The work load can be very heavy at times. The turnover rates it high.

Advice to Management

Advise potential employees of the work load. Change attendance policy to be fair to everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Great company to provide service to those in poor situations, but hard work."

Current Employee - Unrepresented Injury Claims Adjuster in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Unrepresented Injury Claims Adjuster in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stress free vacation, you get like 1-2 days off no claims prior to an extended vacation and teammembers help with your claims inventory while your away. 6% 401k match.

Cons

Potential long hours w/ no overtime. Constant work given regardless of how much you already have. No actual discount on insurance other than a measly $50 every 6 months. Make work schedule more flexible.

Advice to Management

The art sucks badly. Need better pay and incentives (monetary) when dealing w/ high levels of inventory. For a job where the most important thing is taking care of people in bad situations you should make our conditions better to deal with the added stress.
    ***
    BTW we know that when its busy you buy food in order to keep us in the office longer w/o having to leave. Sneaky, sneaky.

"Awesome"

Current Employee - IT Operations Analyst Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - IT Operations Analyst Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, easy to take time off, managers typically work well with your needs. Lots of opportunity to move up!

Cons

Some people complain about promotions: I moved up rather quickly though. If you make the most of your time, you can move up quickly.